Monday, October 25, 2010

War of wills or Picking your battles...

Last night it had just begun to rain so I went out to bring the cat in. She was sitting under the bench staying pretty dry so this is how things went...

"You better come in before it starts raining hard" I said, holding the door open impatiently. I was worn out from the night before and wanted to go to bed early.

"I'm fine where I am. Maybe later." my cat replied.

"I'm tired and I'm going to bed. This is your last chance! In or out?" I shouted my age old threat.

Silence was her only response. The "Queen" had spoken.

I wasn't in a mood to get dressed and fight her, clawing and screaming into the house only to have some little "present" left somewhere because the "Queen" was not pleased so I shut the door and went to bed.

Later that night, I was awakened by loud thunder and could hear the rain pounding the windows. So I got up, ready to get soaked to rescue my pussy.

I opened the back door to find her sitting inside, shielded from the downpour by the storm door. She gave that dirty look she's mastered so well and then began to ignore me. It was obviously all my fault that she had gotten wet and now she wasn't speaking to me.

"Come inside." I told her.

Silence. I was being punished for leaving her outside and not remaining awake at her beck and call until SHE was ready to come in.

I had had enough by then and began scooting her wet ass inside, her screaming all the way. At least I had avoided picking her up and those claws of hers!

She hopped up on her table expecting her special food. I locked the door and stumbled back to bed, willing to suffer the consequences.

I could hear her finally start crunching on her dry cat food, upset over being wet AND not getting her special canned food in the middle of the night.

About the time I was falling asleep again, I heard her snuffling (she has sinus problems from when she was hit by a car) as she attempted to get dry by crawling under the covers with me.

THAT was not going to happen and I wasn't going to get up to dry her (she'd scream about that too!). So I fixed her pillow and a attempted to sling her onto it. She attempted to maintain her balance and threw water everywhere (including all over me).

Was this her plan all along? And who really won? I sure didn't get a good nights rest or a dry bed to sleep in.

And now she doesn't want to go out because she's afraid it's still raining. Since she's blind she can't see it's not raining and for some reason, she doesn't believe me when I tell her it isn't raining.

I'll admit, sometimes I tell her it's not raining when it is just to see her reaction. So she doesn't believe me. Go figure. A cat with her own mind.

So, who do you think won?

No comments:

Post a Comment