Thursday, April 8, 2010

Handicapped Parking...

My sister had a rare form of muscular dystrophy when she was alive that eventually put her in a wheel chair. My mom also was confined to a wheel chair or walker when out and about and we had a handicapped license plate for her.

When my partner and I drove without my mom, we did NOT use a handicapped parking space. I think it's actually against the law if you are not carrying a handicapped person at the time.

But really, it's the principal. I make break laws (like speeding through a 30MPH zone or going 80 on the highway but I'm just following the example of law enforcement that do the same thing when they just want to get to their next destination even though it isn't an emergency).

So yes, I realize I am kind of talking out of both sides of my mouth at the same time but because of my mom and sis, I am a bit sensitive over this issue.

There's this red mustang owned by an employee of a local walmart that parks his car in a handicapped spot every night. The police park in the fire lane to go shopping and don't seem to notice or care that this guy is not handicapped and has no sticker or license plate that says he is.

I have even asked him and he said he was not handicapped. He gave me a "go to hell" look as if that would scare me. Poor guy, he really has no idea of who he is dealing with.

I went in and spoke with the manager and she just turned away as if I was some bum off the street. So now that they know I am the one complaining, I am in that nebulous area where I hear "Pick your battles".

I don't need my car or myself damaged when this "thug" realizes I have reported him to corporate or the police (though I doubt Bham police will do anything). So for now, I am just ranting as usual and biding my time and sending bad karma his way.

If he or his vehicle spontaneously combusts and I hear about it, I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment