Sunday, September 19, 2010

Friendships

I value my friends very much. I also prefer to have just a few good friends because friendships take time and energy, at least for me.

Granted, my friends don't always see it that way. You know the type, always taking, rarely giving. I know we all have our lives to live so I don't base my friendships on a measurement of give and take but it does annoy me at times.

I'm not the type to call others, I usually wait for them to interact with me. If I do call, there's usually a reason. When I get brushed off on those rare occasions, it will come up in a later conversation but people don't see the problem. It only becomes a problem when I start brushing them off.

Eventually, it get's tiresome. Then I go through periods of focusing on other things which is good in itself but those hurts add up bit by bit and eventually I move on.

I'm still there when a crisis hits old friends but I can't help feeling a bit of satisfaction when I learn their selfish nature has come back to bite them in the ass. The only thing is they don't ever realize what the problem is (even if you point it out) so I have to take my pleasure from their suffering. I make no apologies for that.

I guess we're all self-centered on occasions so I don't consider it a deal breaker. It's just nice to have someone ask "So how are YOU doing?". Even if they glaze over after 10 seconds of your response, they did at least ASK!

Yes, this is a rant. It's not thought out much and doesn't really go anywhere. I just had one of those times I needed to talk and the friends I just put out for are not responding in kind. I do so love my blog. It's much better than strangling my pussy...

No comments:

Post a Comment