Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. Knees and Toes...

Or the more modern version:  "Lips, Chests, Crotch and Butts.  Crotch and Butts..."

Whether it's duck lips, v-necks stretching below the navel, pajamas without underwear, and pants below your butts to Burkas; Times are a changing!!!

Having struggled with my weight since my early teens, I know the struggle of fat-shaming and wearing baggy clothes.  It's one of those politically correct issues yet to be conquered.  

I am in the middle from modesty to being politically correct.  I don't think you need or want to see my ass or tell my religion by my skin-tight clothes.  If sexuality didn't lead to unprotected sex and unplanned pregnancies, I'd be less concerned about how "in-your-face" it is.

Boys and girls are affected by this as well as being considerate of others.  From presentation in clothing to attitudes towards other people's bodies, we are often very self-centered.

I can say this because I know how often I speak what's on my mind before considering the implications of how I say something.  It's an ADHD thing..."Say it or forget it!".  It's also my culture though my parents TRIED to teach me to "Think before you speak" and my co-workers suggested I "Pick My Battles".

But someone needs to say what is on our collective minds sometimes.  Perhaps trying to slow down, give a bit of thought to something, and then expressing yourself quietly, in confidence is the wisest way.  SOMETIMES IT NEEDS TO BE SHOUTED FROM THE TREE TOPS!  I get those two confused...a lot.  I still appreciate those friends that do better at discerning which is which and try to speak up for those that remain silent to avoid ALL conflict.

Namaste!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment