Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Root Of All EVIL

First Epistle to Timothy in the New Testament of the Christian Bible, English version, King James translation (1 Timothy 6:10, Vulgate including Greek, English (King James version), and Latin): "10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."



If you have a desire to understand the differences and inter-relations and development of the Christian faith (or even it's connection to other religions), I suggest you go to the top of http://sacred-texts.com/ and begin your studies there.

I say this as a wonderful example of where this post is headed. Revelation in the New Testament of the Christian Bible, English version, King James translation (Revelation 22:19): "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.".

Whomever first wrote (or possibly spoke) those words was the original vessel of God as far as humans go for that statement. Though a description of the the first time it was written is lost, we still have to realize that it was probably NOT written in English nor during King James' rule SO SOMEONE HAS ALREADY "...take(n) away from the words..." through translation into other languages and the inability to thoroughly describe everything a witness of the first writing of those words would experience.

This is the crux of the issue. If heard second hand or read second hand, in the original language even, something of that moment is already lost and so we each must listen with our soul to trust we are part of the Creator and always strive to understand everything from the center of LOVE and LIFE, our heart. Why do you think the paintings paint pictures with Jesus' heart exposed and surrounded by thorns? Having suffered, how can we not understand what LOVE is and follow more accurately in his footsteps?

That is why I call myself a Spiritualist since I believe God is ALL and can be magically growing from nothingness through my own interpretation of religious faiths wherever they may come from. For even now, science fails to understand or describe the Alpha and Omega that is the unknowable infinite. Perhaps that will someday change but it is the basis of my faith no matter how unsteady it may be and I'm okay with that. I think my Creator is okay with it too.



With that preamble, let's begin talking about an interesting change in America. A country founded on the desire of the individual to be free and independent. That included freedom of religion but is often corrupted just as religious beliefs are (as I hope I have already shown).

In 1864, Americans officially began to worship a new god of MONEY. We even stamped our intention ON our money in the hopes, that like the word "bible", ALL or MOST Americans would assume this to be the same God of GOOD and blindly begin accepting the god of MONEY as the God of GOOD. And it seems for the most part, we have.

America is no longer a democracy of the people. It is republic of the corporations built on the power of MONEY.



A great example is the most precious gift our creator gave us that we currently use and abuse, this EARTH. It is becoming one huge landfill and sewer and the root cause is the god of MONEY. Many people need jobs and recycling is an industry whose day is long past being a part of how we live. We could recycle and reclaim all of what we throw away if we were simply willing to follow our HEART to respect the gift of LIFE which is the earth that sustains us instead of following the god of MONEY and claiming it simply costs too much.

I say this since my own community had to "cost justify" recycling instead of simply itemizing it's cost on our bill. As oil became cheap under Barack Obama (yeah, I know that FACT really annoys some folks!), my community began REDUCING what it RECYCLED because IT WAS NOT PROFITABLE. I won't suffer much and since I have no kids, I should not worry. My Spiritual belief tells me different and so I weep for the future of our world.

What more can I say to convince you to stop blindly following what others say is okay but you know to be WRONG? Do you even bother using reusable bags instead of plastic bags? It's a simple step but I see few people in the store bringing their own bags. Just one little step to begin.

THERE IS NO COST TOO HIGH TO PRESERVE THIS GIFT OF LIFE, THE EARTH, THAT THE GOD OF LOVE GAVE US. PERIOD. NAMASTE?

No comments:

Post a Comment